1. Each student started with a ball of orange. A small amount was set aside for the fins. The rest was rolled into a tube, and flattened a bit. They balanced it on the table so the bottom was flat, and pinched a tail on one end.
2. Three small rolls of white were pressed onto the fish, flattening to make it a smooth surface.
3. The remaining orange was pressed into to fins that were stuck on top, between the white stripes.
4. Small white balls were pressed on the head for the eyes, and then googly eyes were stuck inside.
5. A tiny ring of orange was made and applied for the mouth.