1. Draw a large “U” for the head, and close the top with a curve.
2. Add the ears on each side.
3. Draw the hat band, then the hat above it.
4. Add the scarf and two ends below.
5. Shoulder lines are added, and then the face is finished as shown.
6. Trace all the lines with a Sharpie marker and fill in the nose leaving a small white reflection spot.
7. We used Dick Blick Liquid Student Watercolors at full strength, which has beautiful colors and is pretty inexpensive. I pointed out to the students that the most delicate snow circles would come from painting blue circles and filling in around them. No marker lines were necessary.
Thanks to Kassidy, a talented kinder who painted this charming bear today!