1. Tear out a page from a phone book. Use a ruler to make torn edges on all four sides.
2. Crumple the page, smooth it out, and use a glue stick to glue it firmly to a larger sheet of drawing paper.
3. Paint over the phone book page with white acrylic paint. The paint should be spread thin and/or watered down so that some of the text on the phone book paper shows through when finished. Let dry.
4. Follow my “How to Draw an Owl” post. Trace with a Sharpie marker.
5. Color in the owl and branch with crayons. The more pressure and color, the better.
6. Color in the background. A softly colored edge around the entire picture can be a nice touch.